Lately I've been really taking notice of the smaller details in order to create ... well create in general I suppose. I've done a lot of redecorating of my little apartment and still have a lot more to do. I've never been much at doing a lot to the places I've lived because (for the most part) I've lived with roomates or it was a temporary situation. Now that I live on my own and have total reign on how I want things to be, it's been a lot of fun going to antique stores and thrift stores and finding that ONE thing that will set everything else in motion. Once everything is a little bit more done, I'm going to be posting a tooon of photos.
So as I've said many times before, I love Nashville so much. Everything about it. The people, my apartment, my friends, my job, the local shops, the thrifting... the peacefulness. It's such a lovely and welcoming place to be. Not to mention homey.
I took this photo at 7 am this morning. This is what I get to see every day just out of my house. Isn't it lovely?
So right now my current obsessions are:
- Great vintage shoes! I found these babies for $5. They fit like a gem. Vintage Italian leather. I adore them and wear them with pretty much everything.
- My Canon AE-1. I HAVE to finish the roll in here soon, I'm dying to get it developed.
- I've always loved intricate designs in jewelry that you can still wear with a t-shirt and jeans. This one is my current favorite.
- I've been collecting green glass. It's makes my heart melt.
- Carrying a small journal on me keeps me motivated.
- Bergamote! It's been my favorite scent for a few months now. Yummmm.
- Lipstick - Duh!
- One of my favorite "work" watches.
- Dried Flowers.
- I've always collected old postcards. This one is my favorite. There is so much I find intriguing about them. I found it in St. Louis and it's from the town that I grew up (Muskegon Michigan). 1946. I wish postage was still 1c.
Listen to good music.